Four Wheel Drive Courses are offered through accredited members of the Mount Lofty Rangers and via the Four Wheel Drive South Australia (4WDSA) Driver Training Unit (DTU).
Practical Training Involves
- Perform Pre-departure Checks
- Downhill Stop Controlled Forward Desent
- Uphill Stop Controlled Reverse Descent
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Up an Incline
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Down an Incline
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Through Muddy Terrain
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Through Sandy Terrain
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Through Water
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Across Rocky Terrain
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle Across Sloping Terrain
- Drive a 4wd Vehicle on Winding Bush Track
- Change a Wheel on a 4WD Vehicle
- Recover a 4WD Vehicle Using a Snatch Strap
- Perform Emergency Tyre Repairs
- Recover a Vehicle Using a Winch
- Using an Exhaust Jack to Lift a Vehicle
- Use a Hi-Lift Jack to Lift a Vehicle
For mud training you will need:
- rated snatch strap, shackles, tow strap, joining timbers for straps, shovel, jacking plates short timber planks (say one metre long to place under wheels)
- for those with winches please ensure they are operational.
- wet weather gear, rubber boots (its muddy)
- must have approved recovery points to drive on the property
- a ‘blind’ if water crossing is to be attempted
- raised diff breather points
- be prepared to get it dirty.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to organise one-on-one or group training.
There are no upcoming events at this time.